My name is Samantha.
I am English, living in Auckland, New Zealand. My introduction to blogging began when I started writing My Life in NZ to keep in touch with family and friends. The intention was to write a monthly diary of my incredible journey on the other side of the world.
Why Blogging U?
With plenty of free time at the moment, I joined Blogging 101 and Writing 101 as a great opportunity to fill my time constructively, and at the same time improve my blogging and writing skills.
Collaborative Study Makes It Fun!
I look forward to hearing what you think of My Blogging U assignment posts, please do ‘Follow Me’ and post comments to help me along my journey.
Why Do I Write?
I like to write because:
- I have an artistic background, I enjoy being creative and writing is creative!
- In a former career, I was the departments roving reporter and wrote a lot
- Writing is a technique used in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- As a child I used to write a daily paper diary, as an adult there is no time, until now.
By writing a blog I will be learning and developing my writing style:
- Trying to be more concise
- Using my own photos
- Enjoy creating written imagery
- Read other bloggers posts.