Day 8 Writing 101 | EXPAND A COMMENT
Don’t you just love awards?! I am very honoured for my blog My Life in NZ to have been nominated on 21st September for a Blogger Recognition Award by Debbie @debbiedeywrites. Thank you so very much Debbie for posting your comment, how exciting! Now to reach out and extend this fabulous achievement to my fellow bloggers and keep the blog train rolling.
NO, WAIT, STOP!!
Isn’t this just chain mail in the blogosphere? Shouldn’t I first check what I am about to do, consider the time it is going to take to complete this activity properly. Of course I should (but didn’t until I had gone too far down the path), and having spent hours reading and writing, I have also found out I need to respect my fellow bloggers ‘Award Free’ notices.
This is a blogging course, isn’t it?! Despite having made a start following the award rules (see below), I will now tweak this post as I write, because I still want to leave my comments congratulating some of the bloggers I am following, isn’t that why we joined Writing / Blogging 101!? And having taken the time to read and write ‘why I am nominating you…‘ comments, and not just write a long list of names, here goes…..
PS. To all I’ve nominated I totally respect if you don’t join in…I just wanted to acknowledge your great blogs!
- My nominations go to (in alphabetical order)…. @agirlspathtohappiness, @anand, @belindao (award free), @funsimplicity, @husbandandhusband, @izabolinha, @leannenz (award free), @melaniem, @mrtookles, @shineferrer, @teacuptalk, @vibrant, @windrush, @writefulmind, @zenandpi. (Read My Comments below)
- Why did I start this blog? As you will read in my About page, I joined Blogging / Writing 101 to learn new writing skills and techniques, that would in turn help me develop and maintain My Life in NZ, a blog diary I started earlier this year to keep in touch with family and friends.
- For all new budding writers out there in the blogosphere… My top tip is: SET A DATE AND TIME when you will write and STICK TO IT. Despite all our best efforts, when those busy days take over, or you go on holiday, and can’t publish a new post, it is easy to lose track and get behind (very behind, just like me recently!!) Plus your followers will wonder where you are.
- Oh what to do… It has taken me ages to find out exactly what this award means, and what I need to do after receiving this award from Debbie. On searching WordPress (and the web of course) I have read so many lovely posts from fellow award winners. I also found a link directing me back to the founder of this award (see below). And bingo, I found a valid reason why it is good to nominate for this award: Be a Good Neighbour and Expand a Comment! To extend your blogosphere, read and meet other bloggers and writers! Isn’t it all about sharing, communicating, 2-way talking, the key behind great blogging!!??
- @agirlspathtohappiness I would like to nominate Sheila‘s blog A Girls Path to Happiness for the Blogger Recognition Award. Earlier today I learnt about another blogging award, the Liebster Award, which has a great opportunity to learn about fellow bloggers via a Q&A. As you mention in your post this was your first award, so here is another to add to your collection!
- @Anand I would like to nominate Anands Parodies & Caricatures – Quirky, Snarky, Malarkey blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you for your comments and support during the course. Fabulous caricatures, you are a talented artist and an inspiring, fun writer Anand!
- @belindao AWARD FREE I would like to nominate Belinda’s blog ‘Belinda O – What the Pen Reveals’ for the Blogger Recognition Award. Today I read What the Future Holds and have made a start on the Classic for a Reason movie reviews. After writing this I found out what the ‘Award Free’ icon on the homepage means, so I will post a comment anyway and respect you won’t join the blog train which I think I may now join for today only.
- @funsimplicity I would like to nominate I Care U Care – count your blessings, not your woes blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. I first started reading Fun’s blogs through Blogging 101. I have enjoyed reading the Quote Friday, think Fun’s dream’s picture is awesome (bring back bunny!!) and would also like to commend for regular postings!
- @husbandandhusband I would like to nominate Jonathan and Aaron’s blog Husband and Husband – Authors, Artists, Geeks, Husbands for the Blogger Recognition Award. I wanted to find more male writers to follow, and from searching WordPress stumbled across this great site. Am about to delve into the Dustin of Oz comic posted Every Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. How cool is that!
- @izabolinha I would like to nominate Celia’s blog The Turtle Way – as everyone rushes by I savour my way one slow step at a time for the Blogger Recognition Award. I have just become one of your Turtlies and am enjoying reading your posts from your Turtle and Otter self’s! Am just about to dive into your My Music. In July I was so very lucky to see a real turtle whilst diving in Fiji. What a wonderful creature, and very fast at swimming!
- @leannenz AWARD FREE I would like to nominate [Nihongojapango – Picture this！Living in Japan and Reliving my Travels blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. Having visited Japan in the early 2000’s I am enjoying being a follower. Brings back wonderful memories of my trip. Great images and writing, thank you for inspiring me.
- @melaniem I would like to nominate Melanie’s blog Having an Affair – With Paint, Paper, Pens and Chocolate blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. A fellow kiwi, I have been following Melanie since Blogging 101 started. I love the creative artistic aspects of the posts, plus as a fellow chocolate lover who couldn’t resist!!
- @mrtookles I would like to nominate Mr Tookles – he he for the Blogger Recognition Award. I love the variety of posts by Madhawi (pronounce ma – the – we) and Robot piggy bank Mr Tookles. Awesome images on posts, artwork and great reads.
- @ShineFerrer I would like to nominate Shine Positive Power – Books, Movies and Everything In Between blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. During my catch up with assignment posts, I am enjoying finding more about Shine. A great site, like the background and theme design, good choice of pictures, and wonderful images derived from your writing.
- @Teacuptalk I would like to nominate Teacup Talk blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. I started reading this blog when (you’ve got it) I joined Blogging 101 just after Chapter 7 had been posted. Thank you for liking and following my posts. Good luck with the new book! [comments closed]
- @vibrant I would like to nominate Blabberwocking – A distant cousin of Jabberwockying! blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. My first introduction reminded me of the jabberwocky! Vibrant has been a constant delight to get support during our Blogging 101 journey. Great posts, comments and insights into life in India, thanks Vibrant!
- @windrush I would like to nominate Luanne’s blog [Wind Rush – Sharing the ephemeral joy of the moment] for the Blogger Recognition Award. I first came across this blog when I joined Blogging 101, a different blogging style through poetry and prose is a breath of fresh air. Lovely use of words, nice flow and imagery, creates lovely pictures in the mind.
- @writefulmind I would like to nominate Carol’s blog Writeful Mind – Assembling a jumble of ideas into meaningful articles for the Blogger Recognition Award. The latest A Day in the Life post was great, especially the numerous self’s that tugged and pulled throughout the day. As a mother and aspiring writer, I love Carol’s concept of going to a café to drink iced coffee to write (by hand, with pen and paper) then transcribes to the blogosphere afterwards.
- @zenandpi I would like to nominate Lisa’s blog Zen and Pi – It is what it is and it too shall pass for the Blogger Recognition Award. I really enjoyed reading your latest post From Here to 2016. I’d also like to help you reach your 500 milestone!! Here is a blogger who is determined to expand her creativeness and re-explore the creative and artistic streak.
RULES FOR THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD 2015
If you are nominated AND WANT TO JOIN IN…
- Write and publish a post to show off your award!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog(s).
- Write a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give some top tips / advice to new bloggers.
- List 15 bloggers (with links to their blogs) you want to nominate for the award. (NB.You cannot nominate yourself or the person who nominated you)
- Leave ‘I nominate you for…’ comment on each nominee’s blog site.
- Remember to include a link back to your award post.
- Insert an award picture into your award post (copy and paste image).
- Include a link to the founder of the award Eve Estells Edge of Night.