Day 5 Blogging 101 | LOVE MY THEME
I spent quite a long time scrolling through the free themes trying to find a replacement to my chosen theme ‘Cubic’. What do I look for in a theme? Free, clean homepage, easy navigation, follow and comment options, and a post index. I decided to keep my chosen theme as it fits the image block homepage I like. I wonder if the ones I have looked at are favourites of yours?
- Mimbo Pro = Best so far, a bit of tweaking needed to fit with my published posts and images
- Oxford = Keep reading option, large images, ads, paragraphs need spaces adding, too much editing needed.
- Standard = No main menu, nice thumbnail image next to title, editing needed to remove content in published posts.
Q. Can you force post length to first 100 words with read more option?
- Fullframe = Text over image can get lost
- Forefront = Remove main image, insert at top as insert
- Able = Clean list, need to edit posts to remove footers etc
- Superhero = Remove main image, add thumbnail
- Syntax = Clean, need to remove images, scroll break between posts looks odd on ‘About’ page.
Not a Contender
- EventBrite = Needs a lot of rework to fit theme
- Comet = Clean no images, but doesn’t fit my style
- Magazine = Need to edit menus, no images
- Trvl = Didn’t expect to like, but it’s ok, black background, no main images
- Flora and Forna = Banner image too twee
- On demand = Too long to load!
- Mlb retro = Baseball background yuk, too long to load, ads at the top
- Traction = Not bad, black background, main image thumbnail, still long homepage
- Hum, SemPress, Zoren, Anthem, Axon.