DAY 2 Writing 101 | WRITE A LIST.
Thought I would take a slightly quirky look at this one, so here is my list for today’s assignment ‘6 Things I’ve Learned’ (or should it be Learnt!?).
But here’s my twist:
6 THINGS I’VE LEARNED….TO LIKE (1 to 3)
No. 1: MUSHROOMS
- Ever since a child I have hated eating mushrooms (so did our Springer Spaniel Toby). But as an adult my tastes have changed, and I now quite like Chestnut Mushrooms. The normal field mushroom is still horrible!
No. 2: SHARKS
- Watching Jaws as a child (there is a recurring theme here!!) made me terrified of sharks. However I have just returned from a diving trip to Fiji and now think they are beautiful creatures (Read: My Life in NZ: Bula Fiji II).
No. 3: SAIL
- My Mum always wanted me to sail, but I never liked the idea, until three years ago. Now a Coastal Skipper with a few miles under my belt I love it! I now have to build my sailing miles and continue learning!
6 Things I’ve Learned….TO WISH FOR (4 to 6)
No. 4: HEALTH
- As I get older my body is not healing like it used to. I swear my hangovers are worse, and my muscle’s ache longer after exercise. I have started to wish for better health as I grow older, but I will have to work at it.
No. 5: WORK
- I am in New Zealand looking for my next job after I made a life changing decision to move to the other side of the world. In the words of Jimmy ‘Yosser’ Hughes (Boys from the Black Stuff) “Gizza a Job!”
No. 6: HAPPINESS
- Health, well-being and happiness all roll into one don’t they? Life is not all work and no play? Just another reason for being here in New Zealand. But whatever journey my life takes me, I wish to find happiness in my world.
MY USEFUL LINKS
- #2 Titles and Tags (Blogging 101 Assignment 2: Edit Your Title and Tag Line)
- Kia Ora Blogging 101 (Blogging 101 Assignment 1: Who I am and why I am here)
- Kia Ora Writing 101 (Writing 101 Assignment 1: I write because…)
- My Life in NZ – Living in Auckland.
- Eats shoots and leaves – research for writing.