DAY 1 Writing 101 | WHY DO I WRITE?
Welcome to my first Writing 101 post, part of My Blogging U site. My name is Samantha and I like to write…..
“To be, or not to be, that is the question
Whether tis nobler in the mind
To suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortunes
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
Or[And] by apposing, end them….”
This quote from Shakespeare’s Hamlet was the first thing that came into my mind on reading the assignment title. I was taught this from an early age and think I have phrased it correctly. (I did just have to check the web to ensure it was correct, I did bar one word, phew!).
So back to why do I write:
- I have an artistic background, I enjoy being creative, and writing is creative!
- In a former career, I was the departments roving reporter and wrote a lot.
- Writing is a technique used in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT).
- As a child I used to write a daily paper diary, as an adult there is no time, until now.
- I write to keep in touch with family and friends back home in my blog:
If you can find it, please click on the Follow Me button! I’ve added it to the site menu, but don’t know how to add to each blog post….HELP!!!!!!
> You can also read My Blogging 101.